15 Aug 2017

14th of August

Well, I am excited. 14th of August was so Green. I have seen so many faces happy, Green, I got so many pictures of my babies, wearing Green for the day.



As compared to my last few years, yesterday it really felt like an emotional roller-coaster ride to my homeland. While in Pakistan, I was same kind of emotional but what they say pardais tu pardais ha.
Pardais makes me think differently about my land which is Pakistan. Patriotism is like a pre-manufactured emotion for any person, but love with Pakistan is different. It’s not like because I born there so it happened to be fall in love with the country, inevitably. I guess it’s a privilege to be born and brought up there. Things are logical for me. I love Pakistani dresses, there is no other place on the earth that beats Pakistani Kamiz/shalwar. It’s marvellous in appearance and comfort level is top. I love delicious food like daal-chawal, Pulao, Biryani, vegetables with typical Pakistani recipes, ammi k morning prathy, sabaz chy on weddings, karhi-chawal and the list goes on. Who says Indian food is all what we eat with variations? Pakistan food has its own legacy. Differences are more vivid to Non-resident Pakistanis as compared to those living within the borders.

No joke, Pakistani khussa, no competition. Sindhi Ajrak, Hyderabadi bangles, Balochi embroidery, Faisalabadi lawns are a few things to name in my priority list being a girl. Even living in such a place where I’ve access to world’s finest items and exposure to international cultures, I still don’t see any parallel to a number of things marked as “Made in Pakistan”.
 
Sometimes, nostalgia drives me crazy. That fantastic music, love-hate relationship with neighbours, I miss my gali where I used to play cricket. I love that language with which I found myself as a poet/writer/blogger. I miss those countless hours spent jiggling with urdu literature. More I got indulged, more I learned. Ohh, the fire for cricket in Pakistan is one of those things that you can’t find anywhere else in the whole world.

Not being a geographical animal let's just be who I am, a practical girl. A fragile witness to the rich cultures of the rest of the world. I feel myself in an appropriate place to make a statement. That is, “Colourful phase of life which I spent in Pakistan can make anyone fall in love with that place”. I am a proud Pakistani.

1 comment:

ADD YOUR COMMENT HERE...

Image Slider