6 Aug 2017

Jab Harry Met Sejal - Review

1st day show of SRK movie. Kind of an expected thing for me. But when i watched the trailer of JHMS ( Jab Harry Met Sejal) I was not expecting this. I really think there was nothing in the trailer to push me for this movie. Imtiaz really needs to sort out this trailer thing for his next movies. These 2 in row, Tamasha & JHMS trailers weren't justified.
Movie is funny & a love story . Like all Imtiaz’s movies, girl is already engaged elsewhere and she discovers half-way though oh boy, my soul-mate is someone else. Harry (SRK ) is a tourist guide in Europe & Sejal (A.Sharma) is in search of her lost ring. Wow, quite symbolic. She wants to go back to all those places where she had been with her family during the trip, to find her ring with Harry.
If you call it a travelling movie in 1st half, especially, it wouldn't be wrong. Because its funny but nothing going on with the story. During movie we do get a trip throughout beautiful European spots with Harry and Sejal, undoubtedly cinematographer did a beautiful job. You will fall in love with Europe. I do, I love traveling so all those places are in my checklist already.

If you are a Bollywood fan you will find this 9/10 movie. But for me Imtiaz lost his screenplay somewhere on the road journey. But movie still going good , I guess, because of SRK’s acting. His acting and persona specially with his girl is like a “Non stop dancing butterflies in the stomach” thing. In fact, SRK is like old wine, the more he matures , the better he romances . Boy, when he seals it with a kiss, he's irresistible.
Sejal is loud “Sweet si, sister type” confident girl. Her gujrati accent was total fun.apart from 2-3 minor points she carry herself really Good. She is an expressive actor and her height is always a plus point.

At the end you will find some desi touch, sarson da kheet along with yellow dupatta like in DDLJ, Veer-Zara. Which is adorable for me not repeated because bright colours like yellow is pahchan of Punjab and a sweet reference to the Bollywood legacy when it comes to romantic flicks.
Music was just average, nothing was catchy apart from a “radha” song. For me it was a ood movie. So go and watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ADD YOUR COMMENT HERE...

Image Slider